With SPENVIS, one can generate a spacecraft trajectory or a
coordinate grid and then calculate:
Magnetic field line tracing is implemented, as well as the generation of
world maps and altitude dependence plots of the magnetic field and the current
models of the neutral atmosphere and the ionosphere.
- geomagnetic coordinates
- trapped proton and electron fluxes and solar proton fluences
- radiation doses (ionising and non-ionising) for simple geometries
- a sectoring analysis for dose calculations in more complex geometries
- damage equivalent fluences for Si, GaAs and multi-junction solar cells
- Geant4 Monte Carlo analysis for doses and pulse height rates in planar and spherical shields
- ion LET and flux spectra and single event upset rates
- trapped proton flux anisotropy
- atmospheric and ionospheric densities and temperatures
- atomic oxygen erosion depths
Models for spacecraft
charging, both surface charging and internal charging, are available.
A tool to visualise satellite data produces panel plots of measured quantities in combination with
geomagnetic and solar indices.
Micrometeoroid and space debris models are implemented, and an impact risk
analysis module is currently under development.
SPENVIS Screen captures